Is Derma Roller Effective for Acne Scars?
Although, the market is overwhelmed by many acne scar treatments, one should never forget to mention about the Dermaroller-a small, handheld instrument for treating acne scars effectively. It is so efficient that the popularity of Dermaroller has already hit the market. Why so?
Below is a complete guide on Dermaroller and how it treats acne scars. Check out how you can make benefit of this amazing instrument to fight against those irritable scars.
What Is a Dermaroller?
Dermaroller is a medical instrument with it’s head mounted with sharp and fine needles. Dermaroller is applied during micro needling for breaking down the scarred tissues. In addition to this, the device also helps in stimulating your skin cells to proliferate. Its application aids in the formation of new cell layers of collagen and elastin fibres due to an improved blood supply. This process is known as neo-collagenesis. The improvement in the blood circulation through neo-collagenesis is known as neo-angiogenesis.
How does Dermaroller for Acne Scars Work?
Dermaroller works effectively to improve the thickness of the epidermis, which in turn helps in reducing wrinkles. The treatment also prevents hyperpigmentation of the skin, which often leads to scarring due to acne. When you roll it over the skin surface, it triggers the scars successfully, while stimulating new collagen fibres. The application of this instrument improves blood circulation, which further helps to harmonize skin pigmentation.
The process of using Dermaroller is not painful; it just causes a tingling sensation. It is 100% safe on skin, as unlike the laser therapy or IPL, it does not apply thermal heat. As such, it is suitable for all skin types. Also, there is no chance of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation in this treatment.
Dermaroller Treatment for Acne Scars – Advantages:
As discussed above, anyone struggling with the problem of acne scars can opt for this treatment without the fear of any infection or post-treatment hyperpigmentation.
Here are some of the top benefits of using Dermaroller.
- Since Dermaroller removes the acne scars, it has an effective result in lightening the skin tone also.
- Dermaroller treatment is harmless to the skin. It does not damage the skin in any way.
- The best part about Dermaroller treatment is that it can be undertaken at home. However, it is always recommended to consult an expert, before using it at home.
- Dermaroller treatment is not time consuming.
- You can user Dermaroller to treat any part of the body, in addition to treating your face. Unlike other skin treatments like IPL or Laser Therapy, Dermaroller is very cost-effective.
- It is a fine method for tightening the skin that has lost its elasticity due to blemishes and pimples.
It is true that Dermaroller is safe for all skin types, but not all are fit for Dermaroller treatment. People with disorders like active skin infections, Psoriasis, Eczema, etc., should avoid Dermaroller treatment, or at least consult an expert before opting for the treatment.
By using Dermaroller, acne scars will definitely become a thing of the past.