Is Derma Roller Good for Acne Scars?
In the year 2006, Dr. Des Fernandes (founder of Environ Skincare, and South African Dermatologist) developed this amazing percutaneous collagen induction therapy with the Dermaroller. Microneedling using Dermaroller is a new treatment modality for scar treatment, which includes acne scars, wrinkles, facial rejuvenation as well as stretch marks, primarily.
The Dermaroller is a simple and fairly inexpensive modality, which can even be used for transdermal drug delivery. It has successfully attained popularity as a simple means of treating scars, particularly acne scars. Dermaroller can be used safely in a dermatologist's clinic as well as at home by any untrained person.
DERMAROLLER FOR ACNE SCARS-THE PROCEDURE
The process of using Dermaroller is a simple office-based procedure. With the topical anesthesia, the area to be treated is anesthetized for 45 minutes to one hour. After that, rolling is done for 15-20 times in all the directions-horizontal, vertical, and oblique. The petechial, which occurs during the rolling process, is easily controllable. The area is wetted with saline pads after the treatment. The entire procedure lasts for 15 to 20 minutes, which depends on the extent of the area to be treated.
About three to four treatments may be needed for moderate acne scars, as a gap of minimum six weeks is recommended between the two treatments for new natural collagen to form.
Dermaroller is undoubtedly the best for scars!
The stimulation of collagen production is very effective in treating acne scars. This is why Derma Roller is good at clearing up those unwanted marks. Dermaroller encourages the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity. If used properly, Derma Roller can deliver great results on its own given enough time. You can see positive results within the first month of your Dermaroller treatment. It is dermatologically tested and guarantees that you will see results within the first month of its use.
One Derma roller-Multiple Benefits
Besides treating your acne scars, Derma roller also serves the following benefits:
- It encourages the regeneration of new skin, which helps your body in rebuilding new skin cells and heals all spots or blemishes.
- The regeneration of skin every 28 days effectively heal acne scars, dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, blackheads, damaged tissue, sun damage, stretch marks, hyperpigmentation, reduces large pores, cellulite and tightens the skin.
- It also helps in the regeneration of dead hair cells in the scalp by promoting the genes that attribute to hair growth.
A few PRACTICAL TIPS
- Use a good quality instrument. Using poor instruments may lead to breakage of needles in the skin.
- Do not use a Dermaroller with longer needles-needle size of 1.0mm is suitable for acne scars and 1.5mm for deep scars.
- Be prepared, as multiple sessions may be required. Do not forget to consult a professional before using the Derma roller at home.
- Allow an interval of 4-6 weeks between the procedures for best results.
- You can either use the roller once a week or five times a week with very light pressure.
- Do not apply the roller to your eyes and lips, as these are highly sensitive areas of your face.
- Using a quality moisturizer can be a great way to complement Dermaroller’s effects as it allows your skin to better absorb the useful substances present in the cream.